Applying For Cost-Share
An application for cost-share is required in all cases and must be submitted by the local sponsor on the UPDATED - 7/2021 - Cost-Share Application Form (SFN 60439). Applications for cost-share are accepted at any time. Applications received less than 45 days before a State Water Commission meeting will not be considered at that meeting and will be held for consideration at a future meeting. The application form must include the following:
- Category of cost-share activity.
- Location of the proposed project or study area shown on a map (see example).
- Description, purpose, goal, objective, narrative of the proposed activities.
- UPDATED - 7/2021 - Delineation of Costs (SFN 61801).
- Anticipated timeline of project from preliminary study through final closeout.
- Potential federal, other state, or other North Dakota state entity participation.
- Documentation of an engineering selection process if engineering costs are anticipated to be greater than the threshold provided in NDCC 54-44.7-04.
- Engineering plans, if applicable.
- Status of required permitting.
- Potential territorial service area conflicts or service area agreements, if applicable.
- Sustainable operation, maintenance, and replacement plan for projects.
- A summary of the project sponsor’s Capital Improvement Fund (SFN 61938) for water supply and rural water projects.
- Completed economic analysis worksheet for water conveyance and flood-related projects expected to cost two hundred thousand dollars or more. (Required at the time applications include a request for construction cost-share.)
- Completed life cycle cost analysis worksheet for water supply projects.
- Additional information as deemed appropriate by the Director.
Alternative Funding Sources
The following inventory document contains information about a variety of funding programs offered by various entities for flood-related, general water management, and water supply projects. This document is intended as a resource for local sponsors whose projects do not qualify for funding from the DWR, or for those seeking additional funding partners.
For more information on the Cost-Share Program, please contact the Planning & Education Division at (701) 328-4989, or e-mail.