Applying For Cost-Share
An application for cost-share is required in all cases and must be submitted by the local sponsor on the State Water Commission Cost-Share Application Form (SFN 60439). Applications for cost-share are accepted at any time. Applications received less that 30 days before a State Water Commission meeting will not be considered at that meeting and will be held for consideration at a future meeting. The application form is maintained and updated by the Chief Engineer and must include the following:
- Category of cost-share activity
- Location of the proposed project or study
- Description, purpose, goal, objective, narrative of the proposed activities
- Delineation of costs
- Potential federal, other state, or other North Dakota state entity participation
- Engineering plans, if applicable
- Status of required permitting
- Potential territorial service area conflicts or service area agreements, if applicable
- Sustainable operation, maintenance, and replacement plan for projects
- Additional information as deemed appropriate by the Chief Engineer
Alternative Funding Sources
The following inventory document contains information about a variety of funding programs offered by various entities for flood-related, general water management, and water supply projects. This document is intended as a resource for local sponsors whose projects do not qualify for funding from the North Dakota State Water Commission, or for those seeking additional funding partners.
For more information on the Cost-Share Program, please contact the Water Development Division at (701) 328-4862, or e-mail.