Since 1937, when the State Planning Board published the first statewide water plan, the State Water Commission has been dedicated to developing and maintaining plans for water resource development.
North Dakota’s most recent effort, the 2019 Water Development Plan was completed in January 2019.
The purpose of the 2019 North Dakota State Water Development Plan is to:
- Outline the planning process;
- Provide a progress report on the state’s priority water management and development efforts from the 2017-2019 biennium;
- Provide information regarding North Dakota’s current and future water development project funding needs and priorities;
- Provide information regarding North Dakota’s revenue sources for water development;
- Serve as a formal request for funding from the Resources Trust Fund;
- Outline the state’s priority water development efforts for the 2019-2021 biennium; and
- Provide information regarding the State Water Commission’s Cost-share Policy, and the agency’s Water Project Prioritization Guidance.
Printed copies of the 2019 Water Development Plan are available by request at (701) 328-4989, or e-mail.